How to Help Your Child Be their Best at School
- Pack healthy snacks and lunches for the day.
- Aim for 7-8 hours of sleep each night.
- Ask your child what the "5 Finger Rule" is for choosing the perfect book! This will help them to find a book that is at their independent reading level. Independent reading means to read for enjoyment; more challenging books are used in the classroom with a teacher or parent helper.
- Visit the Public Library once or twice a month to borrow books.
- Ask your child to read his/her agenda everyday and sign it.
- Follow the schedule for home reading and sign the reading log on a continuous basis.
- Have them read with you and to you! This helps to make the reading experience more positive and will give you a better idea of their reading comfort and level.